|Peabody – East Kent Home Improvement Agency
The East Kent Home Improvement Agency service includes practical support, advice, adaptations, small handyperson jobs and information for older or disabled people to help them feel safe and independent in their home.
If you require any work from Peabody you can call them on 0800 028 3172 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to tell them that you were recommended by us…
About the service
You may be having difficulty using the bathroom or getting in and out of the bath. You might need hand rails or grab rails to help you get in and around you home. Or it could be that you need some small jobs doing around the home that you can’t manage yourself.
We can support you with:
- Making adaptations to your home to make it more accessible and easier to use
- Applying for grants from the local authority to pay for major work
- Investigating self-funding options
- Finding insured and vetted surveyors and building contractors to plan and execute works
- Getting advice on issues affecting your home such as rising damp or roof work
- Linking in with local health services and housing options
- Getting advice and information on a range of other services that might help you within the local area
We also offer a handyperson service designed to help you with odd jobs and minor repairs, provided by our own DBS-checked staff at a clearly defined hourly rate.
Our advice and guidance are free and we aim to eliminate the worry of rogue-traders and excessive fees for professional tradesmen.
We have highly experienced staff to help guide you through every stage of an adaptation or other major works to your home.
Our services normally operate Monday-Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
The budget for Disabled facilities grants in Kent have increased this year meaning that there is more money available for people to make changes to their homes.
6 Town Walk